FACILITY MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN
Application deadline: Friday, February 23rd - 5:00 PM EST
What is a Facility Maintenance Technician?
The Facility Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing repair and maintenance for a variety of facility issues as they arise in our fitness club environment. Our unique environment means this role will be challenged with a broad spectrum of tasks some of which include but are not limited to:
- Patch and paint, ceiling tile repair
- Flooring repair (carpet tile, ceramic tile, etc.)
- Millwork repair (lockers, paneling, partitions, front desks, saunas, etc.)
- Minor plumbing (fixture cartridges, water fountains, clearing drains, etc.)
- Door and gate repair
- Audio/Video set-up
- Bulb replacement
- A variety of other facility related tasks
As part of our Team of in-house Technicians, this role is well supported with initial and ongoing training and learning opportunities.A mechanical aptitude, a great attitude, and a desire to contribute to our GoodLife Purpose are required for success in this role.
What will you be doing?
- Perform a broad range of hands-on facility repairs/maintenance in a timely, professional, and safe manner
- Prioritize assigned work orders and create a daily action plan to ensure each are completed according to urgency and efficiency
- Accurately complete and submit administrative reports (time sheets, expense forms, etc.) according to deadlines
- Communicate proficiently, professionally, and regularly with all internal and external contacts
- Consistently strive to provide the highest level of customer service to our clubs and members
- Provide support for other projects and priorities as requested
Do you have what it takes?
- Strong troubleshooting and technical ability that can be applied to a wide variety of facility repair/maintenance needs
- Skilled in the use of applicable hand tools
- Logical thinker, able to recognize and implement appropriate solutions
- Strong time management, prioritization, planning, and organizational skills
- Flexible and able to react/adapt quickly to changes in anticipated daily plan or task
- Ability to work independently as a key member of our National Technician Team
- Ability to interact well with others to foster a positive and progressive Team environment
- Willingness and ability to learn required skill set during initial and ongoing training
- Direct or translatable experience in facility repair and maintenance
- Valid driver’s license is required
- Proficiency in the use of computers for:
- Receiving/sending email
- Retrieving work orders and applying service notes
- Completion of basic template forms (time sheets, expense forms, etc.)
What’s in it for you?
- For a list of the endless company benefits please go to: https://jobs.goodlifefitness.com/page/show/benefits