Human Resources Manager
Apply to: email@example.com
Application deadline: Friday, December 15th - 5:00 pm (EST)
As in integral member of the organization, the Human Resources Manager will be responsible for providing support for all aspects within the Human Resources field. The Human Resources Manager will ensure compliance with labour laws and employment practices and will manage HR strategies, policies and procedures. The Human Resources Manager will be responsible for completing all recruiting functions, creating and delivering training to employees, as well as implementing and overseeing retention and engagement programs. Working with key players within the organization and advising on progressive discipline, employment law, and termination matters.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities
* Act as the main resource and contact for all Human resource policies and Employment Standards Act legislation, interpretation, ensuring compliance, and proper administration inquiries for specific departments.
* Act as the main resource and contact for associates to discuss work related concerns, complete investigations, oversee terminations, answer associate questions, and assist with administering the company health.
* Complete all employment contract requests and employment contract related questions.
* Produce disciplinary and termination documentation for associates through the performance improvement process.
* Design and facilitate various training sessions relating to Human Resources as needed, as well as implement and oversee all retention and engagement activities.
* Recruit and train new employees, conduct interviews with candidates, as well as conduct welcome and on-boarding training for new employees.
* Responsible for the health and safety program.
* Degree or Diploma in related Human Resources field
* CHRP designation
* Experience as Human Resources Generalist and/or Supervisor
* 3 or more years in the Human Resource field
* Proven success in coaching on progressive discipline and terminations
* Experience in the areas of recruiting, training & development, and human resource generalist duties
* Experience overseeing staff
* Strong sense of urgency with the ability to prioritize
* Proactive with strong initiative and solid judgment
* Superior communication, listening and interpersonal skills
* Excellent multi-tasking, organizational and time management skills
* Excellent presentation and public speaking skills
* Ability to meet deadlines and manage competing priorities
Human Resources Manager