GoodLife Fitness is 100% Canadian and one of Canada's Best Managed Companies!
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT TO THE V.P. OF PERSONAL TRAINING
Application deadline: Wednesday, December 20th - 5:00 PM
Duration: This is a term contract position, up to one year and starting in February 2018.
At GoodLife Fitness, we’re known for being an industry leader in fitness across Canada. Since opening our doors in 1979, our Associates have shown dedication and passion for fitness and for their communities which keeps us growing year after year. With motivating people surrounding you every day and encouraging you to live a healthy and active lifestyle, isn’t it time you started living the good life too?
What is an Executive Assistant to the V.P. of Personal Training?
The Executive Assistant is responsible for assisting the Vice President or Director in the effective and efficient completion of ongoing duties and responsibilities and to assist Personal Training Services associates in operating a profitable and professional department.
Working with GoodLife Fitness Gives You:
- Ongoing training and development to ensure a long and successful career path
- Unlimited growth potential
- FREE Fitness membership and discounted membership for friends and family
- Group health care plans
- Fun and energetic atmosphere to come to every day!
- Answer phone professionally, messages must be recorded accurately and legibly, returned in a timely manner
- Review office communications for updated changes within the department and the company
- Type all memorandums and dictation
- Maintain office to ‘white glove’ standards and organize daily
- Order and maintain office supplies, ensuring enough supply at all times
- Ensure filing is current and easy to access by others
- Complete mailbag run as needed
- Complete monthly expense reports for Vice President or Director
- Provide Vice President/Director with regular assigned graphs and analysis sheets in a timely manner when requested
- Consistently review computer software to increase efficiency and effectiveness of our services i.e. Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.
- Promote and assist the Personal Training Services Department
- Attend meetings and seminars as required
- Maintain a high level of personal fitness; personal fitness must include a minimum of two fit fix workouts per week
- Keep current with club program and activities
- Assist in motivating and recognizing the Associates that work in the Personal Training Services Department
- Complete administration tasks as required
- Maintain and display superior written communication when sending emails to Fitness Managers and Personal Training Regional Managers
- Continuously discover ways to increase profitability, improve world class service, and retain associates
- Design power point presentations as required
- Assist the Vice President/Director in managing schedules, emails and phone messages
- Assist with special projects and training
- Assist the Vice President/Director in serving the Personal Training Regional Managers
- Research answers for the Vice President/Director of Personal Training Services when required
- Assist in managing and directing the Personal Training Services Department (PT, PT at POS, Group Specialty and Team Training)
- Research and analyze new products
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Exercise/Physical Education degree or certifications an asset
- Can Fit Pro Personal Trainer Specialist Certification
- C.P.R & AED
- 5 years' experience as an Executive Assistant
- Experience in Office Administration
- Knowledge of general office procedures to including minute taking, writing of correspondence, and electronic/manual records management file systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Sound computer skills to include use of excel, power point, outlook etc
- Exemplary interpersonal, time management and organizational skills
- Ability to plan, research topics and be creative
- Sound decision making skills and demonstrated initiative
- Ability to multi task, build relationships, persevere, adapt and problem solve
- Customer focused, flexible, and willing to learn and grow
- Ability to fully understand and embrace company culture
- Proficiency in the use of computers for E-mail Internet
- Relationship Management:
- Establish and maintain professional working relationships with all levels of the organization
- Evening/weekend work and overtime required on occasion
- Carrying and lifting teaching materials to club visits or training sessions
- Driving required once or twice per month
- Travel when needed to conduct club visits and training or to assist the Vice President/Director
As Canada’s largest fitness company, GoodLife currently employs over 14,000 people supporting our vision to give every Canadian the opportunity to live a fit and healthy good life. As one of Canada's 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures, we look for positive, outgoing, energetic team members to make our environment fun and fulfilling each and every day.
The good life is within your reach. Apply to GoodLife Fitness today.