GoodLife Fitness is 100% Canadian and one of Canada's Best Managed Companies!
SENIOR FINANCIAL ANALYST
Application deadline: Friday, Novemeber 24th - 5:00 PM (EST)
At GoodLife Fitness, we’re known for being an industry leader in fitness across Canada. Since opening our doors in 1979, our Associates have shown dedication and passion for fitness and for their communities which keeps us growing year after year. With motivating people surrounding you every day and encouraging you to live a healthy and active lifestyle, isn’t it time you started living the good life too?
What is a Senior Financial Analyst?
As a member of the Analytics team within the Finance Department, the Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for providing impactful analytics and decision support for the GoodLife Senior Management team, related to multiple elements of the business. Such decision support applies to both existing operations and potential growth opportunities.
Working with GoodLife Fitness Gives You:
- Ongoing training and development to ensure a long and successful career path
- Unlimited growth potential
- FREE Fitness membership and discounted membership for friends and family
- Group health care plans
- Fun and energetic atmosphere to come to every day!
- Acting as the Finance Department resource for assigned project teams to assist in analysis and reporting as required by these teams
- Designing, implementing, and enhancing reporting and analysis tools
- Analyzing and reporting on results and variances for both the business as a whole as well as discreet projects or initiatives.
- Creating new business models and evaluating new initiatives based on industry research and analysis of GoodLife data
- Advise on the design of pilot projects to ensure accurate outcome measurement
- Analytical and due diligence support for acquisitions
- Making strategic recommendations to the business leaders
- Assisting with developing the technical skills and knowledge base of more junior members of the Finance team
- Special projects as directed by management
Our deal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s Degree with a strong concentration in Business, Administration, Finance or Statistical Analysis/Methods required
- Masters degree in business or commerce, and/or relevant professional designation such as CMA, CBV, CFA desired
- Demonstrated outstanding post-secondary academic performance.
- Minimum 3 years relevant, progressive work experience in a financial analysis or data analysis role
- Strong knowledge of the entire Microsoft Office suite, with very high proficiency in Excel critical
- Demonstrated high level of proficiency in analysis of large and disparate data sets and applying formal research and statistical analysis methods to business problems/opportunities
- Demonstrated proficiency in development of effective predictive financial models
- High Level of motivation, a positive attitude and the ability to work in a fast paced, ever changing environment
- Superior verbal and written communication skills; exceptional analytical skills and business acumen
- Proven depth of understanding of numerous elements of GoodLife Operations, with a strong ability to understand company-wide
- implications of changes.
- Exemplary time management, planning, prioritization and organizational skills required to work in a predominantly self-directed manner, both individually, and when paired with other members of the Finance Department
- Customer service focused, flexible, and willing to learn and grow
- E-mail and Internet, experience with Microsoft Great Plains, FRX Forecaster, Prophix, Alteryx and Tableau software is a definite asset
As Canada’s largest fitness company, GoodLife currently employs over 12,000 people supporting our vision to give every Canadian the opportunity to live a fit and healthy good life. As one of Canada's 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures, we look for positive, outgoing, energetic team members to make our environment fun and fulfilling each and every day.
The good life is within your reach. Apply to GoodLife Fitness today.