GoodLife Fitness is 100% Canadian and one of Canada's 50 Best Managed Companies!
Region: Scarborough, North York, Toronto and Durham.
At GoodLife Fitness, we’re known for being an industry leader in fitness across Canada. Since opening our doors in 1979, our Associates have shown dedication and passion for fitness and for their communities which keeps us growing year after year. With motivating people surrounding you every day and encouraging you to live a healthy and active lifestyle, isn’t it time you started living the good life too?
What is a Pool Operator?
The Pool Operator is responsible for ensuring daily pool and spa operation and maintenance throughout various GoodLife Fitness facilities. This position requires a thorough understanding of commercial pool and spa equipment, plumbing, water chemistry and chemical handling as well as municipal and provincial legislative pool, spa and health and safety requirements.
The Pool Operator will assist in the Aquatic Manager and Health and Safety Specialist in implementing national training to staff in pool / spa operation. He or she will also assist in developing and maintaining pool and spa training materials and procedures and will provide site-specific support to Associates.
Working with GoodLife Fitness Gives You:
- Ongoing training and development to ensure a long and successful career path
- Unlimited growth potential
- FREE Fitness membership and discounted membership for friends and family
- Group health care plans
- Fun and energetic atmosphere to come to every day!
- Oversee and perform a variety of tasks in the operation, maintenance, cleaning and servicing of water. This includes performing tests
- for chlorine, pH, calcium hardness, TDS and total alkalinity.
- Treating water with chemicals to maintain a safe and healthy water quality and monitor chemical usage. Able to calibrate chemical automation and diagnose problems and implement immediate corrective action.
- Ensure the highest safety standard in pool area and ensures pool log book is up to dated and regulations are being followed to the highest regards. Performs monthly facility safety inspections and assists Facility Audit team in preforming audit on pool / spa.
- Establishes and coordinates annual preventative maintenance program.
- Wash and scrub pool area, make all efforts to provide a clean pool / spa deck. Maintain cleanliness of mechanical room, storage rooms, electrical and boiler rooms.
- Provides initial response to calls for service from other Associates or webwork. Evaluates maintenance needs, and takes corrective action or creates work order for 3rd party to complete.
- Serves as technical advisor on provincial and municipal and regulations and requirements for pool operators / owners and advises on required corrections.
- Maintains pool plans, technical specifications, and other maintenance or construction history on all pools
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality customer service. Committed to professional development, looking for best practice in pool operations and suggesting these practices to management.
- Other Facility service tasks as required.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Attend various meetings and training courses as required by the company
- Follow vehicle maintenance protocol and keep a clean, organized vehicle at all times
- Practice safe and professional driving habits when traveling in company vehicles
- Communicate proficiently with Team Lead and others to ensure proper work flow compliance
- Will be required to interact in a professional manner with external partners, vendors, and GoodLife members
- Use computerized maintenance software
Our Ideal Candidate:
- High School graduate or equivalent
- 1 to 3 years experience
- Possession of a Certified Pool Operator Certification (CPO) or an Aquatic Facility Operator (AFO) required
- Post-secondary education an asset, facility management, construction or maintenance
- WHMIS, Standard First Aid (including CPR-C and AED awareness)
- Ontario Class G driver’s license or equivalent
- 1-3 years’ operating, maintaining or cleaning a body of water in a commercial application
- Previous experience working with Municipal or other Class A pools
- Previous experience in fitness industry an asset
- Previous experience in all aspects of fitness equipment service/repair an asset
- Previous experience in all aspects of facility maintenance an asset
- General knowledge of mechanical diagnosis and repair an asset
- Demonstrated customer service abilities
- Proper swimming pool cleaning methods and use of swimming pool chemicals
- Basic operations, tools and terms used in pool operation and maintenance
- Comprehensive understanding of water chemistry, chemical controllers, and other components that affect chemistry
- Ability to troubleshoot to maintain consistent water clarity and chemistry.
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity, objectivity, confidentiality, good judgment and professionalism
- Excellent communication skills in addition to a solid work ethic
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Computer literacy; proficiency with various word processing, spreadsheet, database etc
- Ability to work independently
- Work environment involves driving, sitting, computer use, operating on warm pool decks and around water
- Travel for periods as required
- Overnight travel to be expected
- Overtime evening and weekend hours to be expected; work phone to be provided
- Daily communing between various club locations
As Canada’s largest fitness company, GoodLife currently employs over 14,000 people supporting our vision to give every Canadian the opportunity to live a fit and healthy good life. As one of Canada's 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures, we look for positive, outgoing, energetic team members to make our environment fun and fulfilling each and every day.
The good life is within your reach. Apply to GoodLife Fitness today.