INTERNAL COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST - PORTFOLIO MANAGER
Application deadline: Friday, May 4 - 5:00 PM (EST)
What is a Internal Communications Specialist?
The Internal Communications Specialist – Portfolio Manager is responsible for providing customized and strategic communications support and guidance to a specified portfolio of Departments/Teams. The Specialist will work closely with the Internal Communications Manager and all members of the Internal Communications Team to ensure consistency and alignment of communications across the Company.
The Specialist will also work closely with Project Coordinators, Marketing Portfolio Managers and Department Heads and Administrators related to their portfolio.
- What will you be doing?
- Develop and execute customized/targeted strategic communications plans for each Department/Team.
- Identify appropriate messaging, channels, calendar, spokespeople, influencers, etc. for each Department/Team.
- Identify and work closely with front-line Communications Champions (3) for each Department/Team.
- Promote consistent and effective communication for each Department/Team to support their over-arching business goals.
- Manage all communications channels selected for each Department/Team.
- Work with Department/Team leads and subject matter experts to develop content and drive the approval process with appropriate stakeholders.
- Provide regular measurement and reporting for Department/Team Leads and Senior Team to inform them on the efficacy and impact of communications efforts.
- Develop Member communications as it pertains to each Department/Team.
- Support meetings and events for each Department/Team.
- Work closely with Project Coordinators to create and execute Strategic Communications Plans specific to upcoming Projects/Changes that are being spearheaded by each Department/Team.
- Contribute to the Internal Communications Editorial Calendar development and the company-wide Editorial Calendar and Process.
- Contribute content to internal company-wide communications channels.
- Provide back-up for other members of the Internal Communications Team as needed.
Do you have what it takes?
- Degree or Diploma in English, Communications, Marketing, PR or related field.
- Previous GoodLife Fitness experience an asset.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently with a demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks based on relative importance and urgency.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders.
- Highly developed follow-up skills.
Proficiency in the use of computers for:
- E-mail and Internet; quick study of new computer programs an asset.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word/Excel and HTML coding an asset.
- Evening and weekend work may be required; overtime can be expected; travel may be required.
What’s in it for you?
- For a list of the endless company benefits please go to: https://jobs.goodlifefitness.com/page/show/benefits