Application deadline: Friday, April 6th - 5:00 PM (EST)
What is a Database Administrator?
The Database Administrator’s role is to design, install, monitor, maintain, and performance tune production databases while ensuring high levels of data availability. This individual is also responsible for developing, implementing, and overseeing database policies and procedures to ensure the integrity and availability of databases and their accompanying software.
What will you be doing?
- Design and document database architecture; Data Modeling
- Build database scheme, tables, procedures and permissions
- Set up data sharing
- Develop database utilities and automated reporting
- Create shell scripts for task automation
- Create, test and execute data management languages
- Analyze and sustain capacity and performance requirements
- Analyze, consolidate and tune database for optimal efficiency
- Monitor systems and platforms for availability
- Oversee backup, clustering, mirroring, replication and failover
- Restore and recover corrupted databases
- Install and test upgrades and patches
- Implement security and encryption
- Provide 24/7 support for critical situations
- Evaluate and recommend new database technologies
- Install and test new versions of the database management system
- Maintaining data standards, including adherence to the data protection act
- Writing database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary (‘metadata’)
- Controlling access permissions and privileges
- Developing, managing and testing backup and recovery plans
- Ensuring that storage, archiving, backup and recovery procedures are functioning correctly
- Capacity planning
- Working closely with the ITS department for all database related services
Do you have what it takes?
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, information systems, or computer engineering
- 2 - 5 years’ experience with SQL Server 2008 and up
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Data Warehousing administration
- Business Intelligence – SSAS, SSRS, SSIS administration
- Knowledge of TSQL, ODBC, ADO
- Strong team working skills and an analytical nature
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- On-call availability is required
What’s in it for you?
- For a list of the endless company benefits please go to: https://jobs.goodlifefitness.com/page/show/benefits